Thursday, August 24, 2006

The cult of overwork

The weblog article The cult of overwork , one of the comments caught my attention.

How about skipping the whole “time” concept? I’ve stopped dividing my time into work and leisure, since it seems to overlap in great extend. [...] I still seem that I love what I do enough to get the jobs done par excellence. frankly I don’t know if I’m working more or less than 40 hours a week.

How about skipping the whole "work" concept too? That way, we can not only stop dividing time into work and leisure, but we can also stop dividing our life in duty and pleasure. Let's focus on creating happiness in whatever we do with our lives. "Work" sounds like postponing fun and happiness until you go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more - excellently put.

Fred Gratzon agree with us too:
http://lazyway.blogs.com/lazy_way/

We need to put the whole "work is hard, that's why they pay you, dammit" ethic behind us - it's bad for people and bad for business.